In less than 24 hours I will be leaving the number 20 for 21. Tomorrow is my birthday and I cannot wait for what the future holds for me for the next year. At 20, I have accomplished most of the goals I had set up for myself at 19. Within the past year I have:
- Been promoted from Assistant Teacher to Lead Teacher at the preschool I work at.
- Ran my own classroom teaching Jr. Pre-K, 3 year olds.
- Completed my first complete school year as a Teacher
- Choreographed two debut’s for two incredible people
- Graduated Middlesex County College with an Associates in L.A. Education and History
- Got accepted into Rutgers University NB!
- Volunteered at Camp Fatima as a Camp Counselor
- Was accepted and attended Invisible Children’s Fourth Estate Summit 2013
- Volunteered at Filipino camp 2013 as a camp counselor
- Was asked to teach Filipino History at Filipino camp 2014
- Received the John Malinowski Award for Young Outstanding Employee at the YMCA of MEWSA. (Metuchen, Edison, Woodbridge, South Amboy).
I can only hope that 21 will be more successful than 20, and I only hope to grow into a better person through all of this. Thanks to everyone who’s supported my goals and my drive within the past year. Looking forward to reconnecting with people within the next school year since I will not be teaching preschool this year to focus solely on my own education. Also looking forward to dancing again!!! So hyped for that! All in all, 20 was a good year, and I’m sure that 21 will be great. Here’s to the memories and the future! 21!!!